What is FBI Agent?
The Federal Bureau of Investigation Agents are the G-Men of law enforcement. In other words, they are the federal government’s law enforcers. When a crime is committed and the FBI shows up, other law enforcement agencies take a back sit.
The FBI protects the United States against foreign threats and enforces the criminal laws of the federal government. It also provides leadership, help, and works in partnership with state, local, and international law enforcement agencies.
The FBI and its agents' main responsibilities are as follows:
1. Protect the United States from International and Domestic Terrorism
2. Protect the United States against Counterespionage and Economic Espionage
3. Protect the United States against Cyber Crime, like Internet Fraud and Online Predators
4. Protect against Public Corruption, like Government and Election Frauds
5. Protect Civil Rights, like Hate Crime and Human Trafficking
6. Guide against Organized Crime, like the Mafia and Sports Bribery
7. Prevent White Collar Crime, like Mortgage Fraud, Money Laundering, Bankruptcy Fraud
The list can go on and on. The job of enforcing the laws of a whole nation and protecting its people are no easy tasks. An FBI agent must be prepared at all times to confront these tasks.
An FBI agent should be prepared to deal with hardcore criminals.
Such criminals could be terrorist organizations. These organizations
involve themselves in contrabands to help finance their illegal and
How to Become an FBI Agent:
To become an FBI agent, you need a college education. You are required to have at least a bachelor’s degree. Because of the wide range of things agents can be involved in, the FBI agency employs a wide spectrum of majors. Majors like Engineering, Accounting, Law, and Criminal Justice are very popular.
You are also required to meet the following additional requirements:
1. Be Between 23 and 37 Years Old
2. Have a Valid Drivers License
3. Be a U.S. Citizen
4. Excellent Physical Shape
5. Successful Background Check
6. Medical and Drug Screening
7. 3 Years Professional Work Experience, like Military Service or Prior Law Enforcement Experience
After you are hired, you will go through 4 months of criminal
investigative training in law enforcement and investigative techniques
in Quantico, Virginia. This training will cover such things as:
a. Personal Defense
b. Use of Firearms
d. Investigation Techniques
We don’t have to tell you, people with criminal justice or law
enforcement degree will do well in this training. You would already have
taken courses in these areas while pursuing your degree. The training
will be more a review for you.
FBI Agent Salary:
FBI agents make an excellent starting salary. New agents while going through training in Quantico, Virginia can make as much as $50,000 per year. Those that successfully complete the training can make as much as $70,000 per year when posted for their first assignment.
FBI Agent School:
To fulfill the bachelor degree requirement, we urge again you get a degree in either law enforcement or criminal justice. The following online criminal justice schools will fill these needs. Request for their free information and decide which school you like better.
Request Free Kaplan University Online Information....
Request free AIU online information here....
Criminal Justice Careers